Friday, July 11, 2014

Visual spanking stories analysis: a D/s wedding psalm

(This analysis concerns yesterday's story.)

So I suppose I'm going to Hell. But we already knew that, didn't we?

The fascination here for me is why I find writing in such formal, biblical language so incredibly hot, when I add the naughty bits. I think anyone who's ever (gasp) masturbated to The Song of Solomon (the biblical book, not the Toni Morrison novel, though there's some wonderfull hot stuff in Morrison, too) knows what I mean, but what is it?

I think it's a cop out to point to the beauty of the language, though that definitely helps. Really I think it's my old friend shame. How shameful to take language that's supposed to teach us to be upright and pure, and turn it to such (seemingly) impure purposes! To put it another way, as I tend to say pretty frequently in my writing, the idea of "holiness" as constructed by traditional patriarchal society, may well be the largest instance of repression in the history of Western culture. For someone oriented D/s (and maybe for others? I'd love to know more about that) repression is the fundamental source of shame, and so also the fundamental source of hotness.

Oh, and the beautiful bridal lingerie? There's no better conjunction of "holiness" with sex than what a bride wears for her bridegroom to remove in order to have his way with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment