Monday, September 9, 2013

Tweaking the grand design of my BDSM erotica

As I spew more and more of my, um, idiomatic form of BDSM out here into the digiverse, I'm always experimenting with ways to make the project fun and profitable both for me and for you, reader. I seriously doubt anyone's noticed, but since March I've been putting books out there at a steady pace of one per week. Since my books are short (though they've gotten progressively longer as the series has worn on), and I'm completely unknown and independent, I don't think that was a bad choice, but now that I have a bit of a track record I'm going to tweak my strategy a bit, and start releasing the books of EXPLORATIONS every two weeks, instead.

I'm thinking that will give me more time to see if I can get people interested, and make each new part of the story seem like more of an event. (Must. . . not. . . use. . . word. . . "buzz." Whoops.)

At the very least, it will make things a bit less hectic for me. It takes time to find exactly the home-furnishing or architectural feature I want to use for these covers, and I have to take, like, two pics of each one on my phone so I have a choice of lighting.

Anyway, I don't know if you're ready, reader, for
Emily's Fitting, so I think I need to prepare you. I'll give you a snippet here, and then I guess I'll "release" the cover, and the blurb, later in the week? Sound OK? Alright then: alert the social media!

Set-up: fantasy-me didn't tell Charles that I was reading my great-great-grandmother Emily Orn Wilkes' (EOW's) account of her initiation as a submissive bride into a BDSM Great Drama of Victorian England.
Thus, as punishment for my disobedient failure to tell him about EOW's notebooks, Charles spanked me, and then led me to bed. "I want you in the Victorian style tonight," he murmured as we stood next to our beautiful, very Victorian walnut four-poster. He took my face in his hands, and kissed me deeply. 
"Sir?" I asked. 
"Get into your long white nightdress." 
"But, Sir, I don't have. . ." 
"Look in your top drawer."
Sure enough.
"No panties," Charles said, and left the room, like a good Victorian husband, as I donned the beautiful cotton lawn nightdress, with lace at the collar and cuffs. When I was done, I was at a loss for a moment, but only a moment: I slid with the slightest imaginative effort into EOW's thoughts, and slid into bed to await my bridegroom.
Never forget, reader that you can find TONS of EXPLORATIONS on the EXPLORATIONS 101 page. I venture to say you could find enough reading material there to keep you busy until the much-anticipated release of Emily's Fitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment