Sunday, March 8, 2015

The lovely Korey Mae Johnson answers Emily's questions!

What an extraordinary pleasure it is to welcome my colleague Korey, who's been both an inspiration and a marvelous help to me as I've found my way in the world of BDSM and spanking fiction. Looking back on all the covers she's made for me I can hardly believe the incredible quality she brings to the task every time. Of them all, there's a very special place in my heart for the cover she made for Tamed by the Highlander, which uses her own photograph of Urquhart Castle. Thanks, Korey!

And now, her answers to my penetrating (heh) questions!


Why do you write?

Because I mostly enjoy it. It’s an addiction, certainly. I’ve been doing it since I was little, and it always calls me back. It doesn’t relax me, though. I think writing is the hardest thing I do, and I think if this was all I did, I’d get a little squirrely. I go through creative droughts and serious writer’s block (they’re different things in my mind) more often than I imagine other authors do. I never get things done as fast as I wish, which is a shame, because I’ve gotten so much positive support, far more than I deserve, and I still move it along at a snail’s pace. Honestly, good thing I write on a computer. If I had to write everything out on paper, there wouldn’t be any more trees left. I throw easily 9/10ths of everything I write away.


What's your desert-island fantasy?

That’s a really good question. I think it would be of a young woman (or me, although I really tend to fantasize in the third-person) being blackmailed into doing all sorts of hot sexual things by someone who was supposed to protect her, like some sort of guardian (though not blood-related), who also uses her as he pleases along with his handsome brother. All in the victorian period. When I was going through puberty, I was sort of obsessed with anything from 1830-1920 so now all my sexual fantasies wander back there, anyway.


Do you think of BDSM and/or spankophilia as a practice or as an orientation, or as something else, and what does your answer mean to you?

I don’t think there’s a solid rule. It CAN be an orientation. (I’ve certainly known people that can’t feel aroused without spanking or being spanked). I was born with this interest as far as I can remember (at least since I was three), so I didn’t have a choice about my obsession, but I actually don’t need spanking to be aroused. At the same time, I’ve met BDSM & spanking “converts” that didn’t realize what they wanted until they saw it and they picked it up like one would pick up a sport or a pastime. I actually think that they can become orientated to spanking over time even if they weren’t born with the interest. Even if they went without BDSM the first 30 years of their life, I’ve still met those that need it to enjoy sex to the fullest after a few years of practicing BDSM. And when necessity towards spanking that happens, I believe its become an orientation.

Who's a favorite character from your own work, and why?

That’s a hard question, but I think it’s Moriarty Miles from my Otherworldly Discipline series. He’s such a fun asshole to write--clever and witty, like a fantasy version of Oscar Wilde.

Who's a favorite character from someone else's work (erotic or non-erotic) and why?

Although Lothaire and Nucking Futs Nitz from Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark Series are tying at second, my all-time favorite is Zaphod Beeblebrox. Don’t trust any of the movies or TV shows. When it comes to books, he’s the best character ever. He is extremely clever and awesome to the bone, and he knows it because he’s the most arrogant person in the universe yet normally does the right thing in the end… but not always. He’s an anti-hero that could put Tony Stark to shame.


And now for the good stuff--the ultimate awesome project Korey and so many other incredible colleagues have put together! Take it away, Korey!

This year I got to work on a team led by Renee Rose, including Ashe Barker, Sue Lyndon, and Dinah McLeod, where we all put our heads together and made 5 full-length books centering around the same event. All can be read individually, and those individual options come out next month, but now is the ultimate way to read it--from every direction! The collection is a great value and great, sexy medieval spankin’ fun. If you like historical romances or sexy scenarios, then this is your collection!

I’m extremely excited that I got to join up with a group of amazing authors for this next project, where I once again tackle the medieval period. It’s extremely fun to write, though it had its challenges, and I think it’s one of my sweeter books with still a lot of non-consensual spice! As for the other girls--wow, all their books will knock your socks off, and this collection includes 5 full length stories from me, Renee Rose, Ashe Barker, Sue Lyndon, and Dinah McLeod. They’re not just sweet people, which they are, but they are all extremely talented and it was a delight to do this project with them. We hope everyone will love it!

Buy Here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U9OB65U

Summary: When the castle they called home is besieged and ultimately falls, five women are captured and carried off as wives by their foes. Will they be treated as no more than the spoils of war, or can their new lords prove themselves worthy of the love and submission of their conquered brides?

The Conquered Brides is a five-book collection featuring brand-new titles from five top erotic romance authors. This collection includes:

Commanding the Princess, by Korey Mae Johnson

As the ruler of Hohenzollern Castle in name only, Susanna has watched helplessly for years as her power-hungry uncle made one enemy after another for her. One enemy stands out, and the moment she catches sight of him, Princess Susanna is certain that it will be Gerhard of Bavaria who brings her world down around her. As his army smashes through her gates, Susanna makes the only choice she has left. She surrenders herself to Gerhard, hoping to win mercy for her people, though she fears it will come at the cost of her life. But she soon learns that Gerhard has other plans for her, plans which may end with her surrendering much more than just her castle to him.

The Knight’s Seduction, by Renee Rose

Avowed to never again yield to a man’s ill-treatment, Lady Daisy stands ready to fight to the death when her castle is sacked. The imposing knight Sir Barrett has other ideas, however, and to her dismay, Daisy soon finds herself not only disarmed, but soundly spanked as well. Sir Barrett takes her as his captive bride, but when she shows real terror at the prospect of consummating their marriage, he offers her a bargain. She will offer her body to him and accept the pleasurable torments he inflicts, but he will not claim her fully until she aches for it so badly she begs him. Certain she will do no such thing, Daisy agrees, but can she resist the knight's seduction?


The Widow Is Mine, by Ashe Barker

Since her husband’s untimely passing, Lady Natalia has resigned herself to a quiet life as a young widow and perhaps one day as a nun. But when her adopted home is conquered by the enemy, her world is turned upside down. After he rescues her from the chaos of Hohenzollern’s fall, Duke Stefan of Richtenholst cannot imagine allowing Natalia to languish behind the walls of a convent. The duke takes Natalia home as his wife, and he quickly proves himself ready to compel her obedience when it is necessary, but can he ever truly make her his own?

Conquering Lady Claire, by Sue Lyndon

As Hohenzollern Castle falls, mayhem unfolds around Lady Claire, and her only aim is to lead as many women and children of the castle to safety as possible. In an odd turn of fortune, her courageous efforts ultimately lead to her capture by none other than Lord Galien of Minrova, the very man that her brother, a powerful duke, recently commanded to find her and claim her as his wife. Claire’s defiance is quickly overcome by means of a firm hand applied to her bare bottom, but Galien is not content merely going through the motions of a political marriage. His skilled lovemaking soon leaves his new bride begging for more, but can he conquer her heart as well?


Kidnapped and Claimed, by Dinah McLeod

When her husband’s repeated infidelities and drunken insults become too much to bear, Lady Cecily flees to her childhood home at Hohenzollern, but things quickly go from bad to worse and she is kidnapped from the castle stables only moments after her arrival. Cecily ignores her abductor’s warnings of ruin about to befall Hohenzollern and his claim that he took her from the castle only to keep her safe. She resists him every step of the way, until at last he spanks her long and hard. Despite his firm chastisement, it soon becomes clear to Cecily that her captor cares for her in a way her husband never did. But can she forgive him for stealing her from her home?

Publisher’s Note: The Conquered Brides contains spankings, sexual scenes, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.

Thanks so much for hosting me, Emily! Visiting has been a blast! Come visit me on my blog sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment