Monday, March 2, 2015

"Mom knows I'm… special" #Taboo2sday

The whole story so far can be found here.

Lori-Anne blushed fiercely. "Y-yes," she stammered. "I mean, I told mom that… that I'd found someone."

Kay seemed to pick up on Lori-Anne's hesitation immediately. "Wait," she said sharply. "Your mama knows that you found a man, doesn't she? A real man?"

Lori-Anne looked down at her hands, in her lap where she sat on the leather seat of Kay's sporty SUV. "Mom knows I'm… special," she mumbled.

Kay laughed. "She just doesn't know how special? She doesn't know that you need a guy like my brother to take you in hand and tell you how it's going to be--how you're going to be his Christian bride, and his little whore?"

Keep the taboo-hopping going!






3 comments:

  1. oo this snip is even better, Emily :) I love the nuance of Lori-Anne's out of the closet but not quite with her mother and how Kay picked up on her feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I had to go to the beginning...and I really don't want to wait another week for the next snippet! Glad I found this hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Measha! I'm glad you've joined in the fun!

      Delete