Thursday, January 2, 2014

The wet sock: Winter Spanks!


 
This was my contribution to Winter Spanks, a wonderful blog hop brought to you by Spanking Romance Reviews & The Saturday Spankings Blog!

Welcome to my contribution to Winter Spanks! Many thanks to the wonderful organizers of this hop for their incredible hard work on such an enormous undertaking! I'm offering a copy of EXPLORATIONS: A Companion to the Series, Volume 1 to a random commenter who answers the question at the end of the little story.
I want to share a miniature parergon (sidework) to Caroline's Rocking Horse, the ageplay story that just came out from Blushing Books. The book is in part about winter holiday wishes: as an English professor who believes very strongly in the power of the imagination to help us live our dreams and fantasies, Caroline Dawkins has a great many things to say about the meaning of winter. Specifically, she has a lot to say about what it means to her as a grown-up who likes to pretend to be a little girl, and who gets spanked by her Daddy--that is, her husband George Lane.
"Caroline," George said, rubbing my shoulder gently to rouse me from my slumber, "little Caroline. . . wake up, sweetie." I could tell from the warmth of his voice that he had something nice to tell me, and so I smiled, with my eyes still closed. George rewarded me with a soft, chaste kiss that tasted of coffee. 
I opened my eyes, and looked into his handsome face, already shaved and ready for the office. 
"Good morning, Daddy," I said, trying to make my voice as loving as his had been.  
George stroked my cheek. I saw him cast his eyes down to my demure white nightgown with the lace trim, and I smiled even wider when I realized that I could read his mind, and that what he really wanted to do was climb back into bed, turn me on my side, raise the nightgown, and spend a long time doing the Daddy things that he likes to do with his little girl--the ones that I'm not supposed to like, since I'm a very modest girl, but I can't help enjoying anyway. 
His eyes returned to mine, and I watched the corner of his mouth turn up to let me know that he knew that I knew that he would much rather be making me make very grown-up sounds while he had his paternal way with me than heading into the office. 
"It snowed last night," he said. 
"Really?!" I said. "Can't you stay home?" 
"No, sweetheart, but I'll try to get away early. Have fun in the snow--just please make sure you don't get your socks wet when you're playing." 
I looked at him in complete confusion. "I'll try to stay nice and warm, but how could I possibly keep them completely dry?" 
"I don't know, young lady, but I can assure you that if I find a single wet sock, someone's going to get a spanking tonight." His eyes twinkled. 
"Oh, Daddy!" I said. "That's not fair!" I pouted theatrically, thinking about where I would leave the wet sock, after I was done shoveling the walk, throwing snowballs at trees, and making lovely, perfect, grown-up snow-angels.
Question: where do you think Caroline left the wet sock, and what do you think George did when he found it?

41 comments:

  1. I think she left the wet sock on his chair, and that he gave her a lovely, hard spanking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi , I think she left the wet sock on the radiator in hopes that it would be dry!! He spanked her anyway. btw I loved The Rocking Horse
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be Caroline. Just YUM all over this thing. <3

    As to the wet sock, I think she would leave it in a place sure to make Daddy extra cross. I'd flop it onto a kitchen worktop, myself.

    Wherever the sock was left, its wetness - its transgressive, naughty sogginess - would ensure Daddy would be very cross and very certain to march into the sitting room to scold his misbehaving little girl. He would wave the offending article at her, scold her in a firm, frightfully unamused tone, seize her painfully by the arm and lift her to her feet, then march her straight upstairs to her room. Before she could say Jack Rabbit poor Caroline would find herself across his lap on her bed, her pretty dress tossed up, her panties pulled down. And Daddy would teach her a very necessary lesson in obedience, courtesy of a good, hard, bare-bottom spanking.

    Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she left her wet sock under the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she left it right in the front doorway for him to see as soon as he walked in the door!! I think George gave her the spanking she wanted!! bw2323bro@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she left the wet sock right at the front door so George would see it and give her that spanking she so desperately wanted. that's what I would do
    amybowens34@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she left a trail of wet socks alllll llllll lllll lllll the way to the bedroom where she would be waiting for him, for Caroline was a naughty girl indeed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love her childish pleasure at the snow. Caroline is absolutely correct, how could she possibly stay completely dry in that! I couldn't count how many times socks and gloves need to be changed on the rare occasions we have snow here. If I was Caroline though, I would hide them all at the very bottom of the laundry basket, and if it was unfortunately empty, I think I would pile it up with almost dirty clothes.I think Daddy would know just where to look, wherever she left it, after all she is his little girl and he knows just how her mind works :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. She should leave her wet sock in Daddy's slipper. And good Lord I hope he spanks her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caroline is naughty. She left it on Daddy's pillow to find. She needs a good spanking and figging.

    lacrimsonfemme at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful short story! I think perhaps she left the sock just inside the door so when Daddy walked in it was the first thing that he seen. A swift spanking was in order! thecoverartisan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the wet sock would be in the front doorway, right were it would be seen immediately and punishment would ensue. ghwasd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the story Emily. I bet Caroline left at least 2 pairs of wet socks stuffed in her boots by the door. When George found them, I would say she received a very hard bare bottom spanking. ;)

    Blessings...
    Cat catsbrighteyes at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think she stuffed them behind the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course she got spanked after she left her wet socks on the floor in the bedroom.

    livinezlee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. She left it on top of his dresser and he struggled not to laugh but to stay in role. At least that's what I imagine I'd do if my Master gave me such an easy way to get a spanking :D
    authorjoellecasteel at excite dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think she buried her wet sock in amongst all of his dry ones, just to make sure!

    Bootsyduck68@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe Caroline left her wet sock on the bannister for George to see as he walked in the door. Daddy George picked it up put it in his hand went and fetched his paddle and then went and got his girl.
    laurah2727@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think she probably hung the wet sock from the dining room chandelier so he saw it at dinner. She definitely got a spanking then.

    kesummer69(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved the snippet and also Caroline's Rocking Horse. I bet she left the wet sock draped over her rocking horse. That way after her spanking she and daddy could ride her horse. Thanks
    rameyer.nmb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the sock was the only thing she wore when she greeted him at the door. Celestejones215@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL, I think she used her wet socks as floppy, puppy dog ears, on the top of the snowman she made. Then she went barefoot, back into the house.

    Daddy will have to warm and dry her feet, before he warms her naughty bottom.

    Great story!
    :)
    Katherinedeane40 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely story Emily. I think she would have left the sock on the special saddle :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think she left the wet sock in the bathroom, where he'd find it....and she was warned. I'm sure she gets a strict spanking!
    capefearlibn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm assuming Caroline is secretly thrilled by the thought of a spanking, so she'd leave her socks in the most conspicuous place she could think of, unless she'd get in even more trouble for attempting to hide them. If that's the case, she'd put them where he could easily find them even though she hid them. Under his pillow, perhaps?

    Great story, Emily.
    krblake@kathrynrblake.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also think that she left the socks in plain sight so she could get her just rewards.
    caddydlr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I bet she left her wet sock on the radiator, like she was hoping it would dry. She probably had to keep wetting it to make sure it didn't get too dry!

    bbbadbarbie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm thinking she left the wet sock somewhere close to the front door...so she could definitely get spanked!

    tammyfaris1966 at gmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  29. She left her wet socks on the bathroom floor as she was changing into nice warm dry clothes. Of course Daddy knew just where to look! corinnealexander4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm going with Colonel Mustard in the library with the candlestick. Because I have no clue. Get it? HAHA. Oh man, I slay me. Just wanted to stop in and say hello and see what the hell you were up to. And now I see your parergon and I'm thinking, SIDE PROJECTS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOL I'm wondering where she left her wet socks for Daddy to find? Great snippet. authorsuelyndon at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think that naughty girl rolled them up and hid them in the toe of her boots. But Daddy's not going to be happy she tried to hide them.
    pk.corey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Maybe she hung her wet socks where daddy hangs his coat and daddy would dole out swift discipline to his girl
    Lburger1908 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Id say hanging over the shower rod in the bathroom. ;) You know like pantyhose. Hope you have a great weekend Emily. suzyayersauthor at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Well if I were her, I'd leave the wet sock in the biscuit tin and get him to put his hand in :D That surely MUST earn her a spankering :)
    abigailarmani2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would leave the wet sock in a place likely to be found such as over the tub or in the mud room/entry way. I hope he spanked her soundly. :) Lovely story.
    brattyadaline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think she hung the wet sock on the wreath on the front door. George made good on his promise...
    whitk22222227@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This sounds very awesome! :) Maybe she would have put the sock on the inside of the floor vent. It's easy to spot if you drop something and are looking right at it that way, but it's hidden on first glance. I've hidden evidence there in the past. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Haha! I bet she left it on the outside of the doorknob so he had to touch it when he opened the door. Then I bet she's in for a whopper of a spanking.

    ReplyDelete
  40. LOL all that comes to mind is where my 4 year old keeps leaving his socks. They're stuffed behind the toilet. I can't figure out why, and he just giggles about it, which makes me giggle. So yeah, that's where i think she left them. Stuffed behind the toilet.

    chickieblog@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. lol I bet she stuffed them in his shoes! lol And boy, i bet she payed for it! :P Thank you for sharing! I enjoyed it!
    shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete