Friday, July 4, 2014

Visual spanking stories analysis: legend of the bound fairy

(This analysis concerns yesterday's story)

The magical quality of this beautiful photo drew me to it, but what sucked me in entirely is the implication of a narrative that could travel along so many different paths of story. Why the rope? Why the very special dress? Why the grass? Why the sleeping, curled up? I'm not sure I've ever written to a picture that made me so eager to learn what the photographer meant, but in the end I don't think that matters at all--what matters is how it spoke to me, and how I hope it speaks to you.

So I used the opportunity to write in one of my favorite narrative modes, to match the magic of the image: the old legend that tells of an unseen world that can be manipulated, if you only pay attention, and know how. To mingle that sort of story with the erotic, as I also do from time to time with sacred modes (maybe I'll do that next week!), made me smile even as it provided me with my favorite kind of one-handed writing material.

No comments:

Post a Comment